Thursday, September 16, 2010

100 days and counting.....

We are well under way with our Christmas planning. Well somewhat. So far I have managed to...
  1. Put myself in the fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas spirit.
  2. Avoided a whole lot of everyday living by making a new blog... WELCOME!
  3. Made a list of everyone I need to send a card too or make a gift for.
  4. Filled in some of my advent list
  5. Cleaned off my front porch
  6. Organized a notebook for Christmas planning
  7. Spent time pondering the true meaning of Christmas
Did you get the last one? Well if you didnt. Let me state why I am planning 100 days in advance of Christmas. I want to have more time for Jesus. I want to awake everyday during advent and spend time in his prescence. I want to center our homeschooling around the Christmas story during the month of December. I want to center our lives around that. I want more of him more than I want a perfect Christmas. Honestly we are simple folk. I long ago minimized my stress over Christmas & chose to worship Christ instead of  commercialization which is why Im wanting to give back. I want to share that with others. Thats you.  I want you to know there is more to Christmas than gift buying, gift wrapping & gift giving. I want you to share it with your kids. I want you to take it into your heart and live it out in your daily lives and if that means you put all the planning aside and just plainly let him in well then do it. Do it now so that when Christmas comes around than you will understand why it is we celebrate Christ birth. You will understand the greatest gift ever given. You see "Christmas began in the heart of God, but it is only complete when it reaches the heart of man." (author unknown)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL NICOLE. I just love you.