Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent 2011 (Day 3, Nov.29th)...

Symbol: Shepard's staff

Bible Verse: Psalm 23:1-5
1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2He makes me lie down in green pastures, he
leads me beside quiet waters, 3he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. 4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Discuss: Jesus as shepard and the symbolism behind the candy cane.


Our activities: Decorate the tree with candy canes and give out candy canes to people you meet today to share the love of Christ.

Homeschool activities: Learn about shepards.

Other possible activities:

Recipe and picture courtesy of Gordon Gossip blog.
Resources:
Blessed Christmas study Day 12.

Blog News: Check out the latest additions to the advent activities page.

No comments: