Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting ready...

As I told you earlier we are already preparing our hearts for advent, but we are also preparing our home as well. Right now the kids and Scott are out taking in some of this beautiful weather and I am here sharing as much of our celebration with you guys as I can. Starting tomorrow I will post daily scripture, inspiration and thoughts on how to celebrate.

Of course if your looking to get a heads up on what my family will be doing take a look at "Our Advent" page which I will update weekly. You can also still go to "Things to Do", "Local Fun" or "Fun Links" pages for other ideas. Better yet go to the "Share the Love" page to share your ideas.

That should hold you over for til tomorrow, but to start you off here is a poem by Martin Luther that has inspired me for some years now....

“Ah! dearest Jesus, Holy Child,

Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled,

Within my heart, that it may be

A quiet chamber kept for thee.”

That is my prayer during the Christmas season; that Jesus would find a quiet chamber within my heart. That is my prayer for all of you as well as your getting ready today and as you continue throughout this season...."May Jesus find within your heart a place that is soft and undefiled. May Jesus find a quiet chamber kept for him alone."

May God bless each of you with that precious gift.

No comments: