Saturday, November 27, 2010

So it begins...

Tomorrow is the beginning of Advent and the excitement has already begun at our house. "What is to come?", are the silent pleadings coming from the kids hearts. Well perhaps not so much from my 13yr old. However even I am calling out, "What is to come?" Im expecting something new this year, something beautiful. Im praying that, no matter what it takes, God will bring us out of our normal everday lives and into a life lived in him. Im praying that Jesus finds a safe place within our hearts.

Today, all I can do, is do my best prepare my heart and prepare the hearts of my children. I will read the description given to the future Messiah in Isaiah (52:13-15,53:1-12).....
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquitites; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
"He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."
"he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the trangressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the trangressors (us)."
I will tell them of God's love for us and how he had a plan of redemption already in place. Honestly, sometimes I need to be reminded of that myself. I need to have that love penetrate me because without it Im just a bundle of fear and anxieties. Im just running around trying to make Christmas special instead of just allowing the wonder of it to take hold of me.

So it begins....

We wait in patient expectation.
His love bursts forth in jubilation.
Our hearts cry out, "We need MORE!"
His calm reply, "You need your Lord."
We grasp, we take,
And still he makes...
no raging scream, no tyrants wrath,
no pointing finger, no menacing laugh
Our souls cry out, "We need YOU, Lord!"
His sweet reply, "I need you more."

No comments: