Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rejoice for you are loved...

 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice!" (Phil 4:4)
My last few post have bordered on the depressing or at least they may have seemed that way considering the joyful nature of the season. However that is not my intention. I fully believe that a life surrendered to Christ is the most joy-filled life there is. I believe that "when you lose your life for Christ, you truly find it" (Matthew 10:39). I believe that when you give of yourself.... share your talents, share your gifts, share your joys and share your trials then life starts to make sense. It becomes full and thats worth rejoicing.

So today I want to take a different approach and remind you to rejoice because you are accepted...
"We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people."(1Thes1:4)
Rejoice because you are heard...
I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. (Psalm 120:1)
Rejoice because you have a God that loves you for you...
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me,O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! (Psalm 139:13-18)
(Pause my playlist before listening)

No comments: